Shift: This position is for 1st shift but may require after hours and weekends at times.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced environment, demonstrate excellent problem solving skills, and must be detail oriented. This position is the primary communicator between clients of our organization and couriers. Exceptional communication skills and a positive attitude are critical to success in this role.
Experience working with couriers (drivers) and/or independent contractors, labs, hospitals & airlines preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review route sheets for accuracy with regards to pick up time, pick up sign, del sign, spec counts, specific client requirements. File sheets up to 6 weeks.
- Maintain a full driver fleet, including back up drivers, to ensure routes are properly covered at all times.
- If a driver(s) leaves or is removed, a new driver(s) must be interviewed/contracted immediately to ensure the route(s) are properly covered.
- Ensure drivers have the most up-to-date route information (manifests).
- Research and resolve client and driver issues in a timely manner.
- All client issues must be researched, resolved and communicated back to the client within approx. 30 minutes of initial communication.
- If unable to resolve, please seek help from a direct supervisor.
Communicate anything unusual to clients immediately, i.e. missing box(es), new lab box(es) at a location, etc…
- Ensure drivers are meeting client requirements and policies such as wearing the proper uniform, ID badge, have the proper equipment, HIPPA/OSHA etc...
- Drivers not meeting client requirements must be communicated to the main office via email.
- Communicate with clients and drivers on a daily basis and visit clients as needed.
- Prepare and submit a weekend turnover daily.
- Maintain scanning at an acceptable rate of 100%.
- Assist Dispatch as needed, i.e. research and resolve issues, assign routes to drivers, cover emergency routes as needed and run STATS.
- Remain familiar with all routes and client requirements.
- Fill in for routes or STATS as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 1 year of dispatch experience within the medical transport industry preferred
- 3-5 years of management experience required
- Knowledge of medical transportation industry required
- Experience with courier software system preferred
- Must be extremely detail oriented; ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Critical thinker with strong analytical skill set
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing at all levels of the organization
- Proficient computer skills such as MS Word, Excel and database programs
- We offer Benefits including Medical, Dental, 401(k), PTO & more.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $52,500.00 /year